- Identify viable alternative use for the future redevelopment of the asset
- Secure detailed planning and listed building consent
- Undertake comprehensive refurbishment and remodelling of the building
- Received the British Council of Offices Award for best refurbished building within the Midlands and East Anglia
- Achieved BREEAM rating of “very good”
- Achieved 80% occupation, including Deutsche Bank AG, EC Harris, Office for Legal Complaints
As an early adopter of the BREEAM assessment scheme, our completed project was awarded a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating – a considerable achievement for a complex project incorporating the retention of the façade and entrance hall.
We went on to win the Commercial Development of the Year Award at the Midlands Property Week awards as well as the Midlands and East Anglia Regional Award in the Refurbished/Recycled Workplace category at the British Council for Offices awards.
The Refurbishment project commenced in 2003 and was completed in 2007.
As a result of this very successful project a positive working relationship was established between Targetfollow and Birmingham City Council. This led to an Exclusivity Agreement between the two parties in respect of 6 acres of development land adjacent to the site.
Built in 1938 and featuring beautiful Art Deco styling, Baskerville House is a Landmark Grade II listed former Civic Office Building, located in Centenary Square, Birmingham.
This historic Birmingham building was purchased by Targetfollow in 1999 with vacant possession. Targetfollow went on to secure detailed planning and listed building consent to restore and extend the property to 197,000 sq ft of Grade A City Centre office accommodation.